Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

Where is the Ig1 fuse located on inside vehicle on a 2015

Customer Question

Where is the Ig1 fuse located on inside vehicle on a 2015 Kia Soul I know where it is in engine compartment I need location under instrument panel.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, May I ask why you need that fuse? what is not working etc? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought oem fog light kit for car informed by dealer couldn't change switch on stearing column it would void warranty.going to have different switch guess put push button switch on dash. The reason for ig1 fuse was where the switch on column said to hookup for fog lights but not going to use have to figure another way to hook up fog lights
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

ok, so are you wanting a power 12 volt spot under dash hot all the time or looking for key on 12 volts under around the dash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just power when key is on.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I am unsure after looking at diagrams for the best spot, I will opt out and open the post up to the other experts, One should be along soon to continue helping

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I have found what I think would be the best spot, You have to be careful tapping into key on wires under dash as the fuse box is a computer called the smart junction box, Everything is more computer controlled so.. if you can get tot eh power outlets, the front ones ahead of the shifter, I would tap into one of the feed power wires to either outlet, I cant remember exactly how to remove that trim , I think it just unsnaps off, If you can get to the 12 volt wire to either, that woulde b a great source for hooking up lights key on, The are on higher amp fuses and,, you would add an inline fuse for the hookup to the lights. Hope this makes sense, It is so much less risky than hooking to something else. There are side covers towards the front of the floor consol. I think you can remove them to get to the outlet, sorry, hard not being there