Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2001 kia sportage my car will not change gears it

Customer Question

i have a 2001 kia sportage my car will not change gears it is a automatic it was not being drove for some years about 4 to be exaact it was in the yard just parki can drive it but that is the problem
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine the cause you are going to need to start with making sure the fluid is clean and at the proper level and you may even want to consider having the transmission flushed and new fluid added due to the age of the old fluid. I would also have the computer system scanned and see if the computer is detecting any fault codes related to the transmission.