sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2005 kia sedona looses power couple of seconds once per

Customer Question

2005 kia sedona looses power for a couple of seconds once per revolution of crankshaft during cranking...won't start...
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
If the vehicle is going electrically dead when you attempt to crank the engine then you have a battery, cable or connection issue.
the first thing you'll want to do is make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.
If the connections are ok then turn the headlamps on and wiggle test the cables where they connect to the terminals, looking for the lights to flicker or go out. If you get a reaction from the lights when moving a certain area then you've found a connection issue.
If nothing is revealed there then the next thing I would recommend is trying a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no...I lose power momentarily at exactly one full turn of the crankshaft...after 4 turns the power stays on and the motor cranks normally...sedona never starts...
I wasn't aware that the engine would crank.
Can you explain what you mean by it loses power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power to starter stops power to Tachometer and fuel gauge dies
The headlamps are still bright at that time?