Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Can you give me instructions on replacing my ignition switch

Customer Question

can you give me instructions on replacing my ignition switch on the dash of a 2005 kia amanti please
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or(###) ###-####
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

To remove the key tumbler assembly from the ignition switch, turn the key to the on position and push in the pin on the side of the housing, then the key tumbler assembly should pull out.

To remove the ignition switch housing that attaches to the steering column, the tamper proof bolts will need to be cut off, turned with a hammer and chisel, or cut slots in them so they can be turned with a screw driver.

If the theft light is on or flashing with the key on, after the repair, then programming is required.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris