Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2003 Kia Sorrento Alternator will not charge. Tried 3 new

Customer Question

2003 Kia Sorrento Alternator will not charge. Tried 3 new alternators.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

can you send more details? you did 3 alts? and the cluster? does the light come on with key on? have you done any other testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced dash cluster and in the new one the battery light comes on when the key is turned on and goes off when the car is started. Unit still does not charge. Replaced the third alternator with the one from the spare car but unit still does not charge. Old alternator and cluster in spare car works ok and puts out 14.1 volts.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I need voltage tests, I need you to unplug the alt, probe ALL pins with voltmeter with key ON, then also give the exact volts on the big wire to alt with key OFF