Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Ron! I got a Kia Optima 2012 From some reason ... The AC

Customer Question

Hi Ron !
I got a Kia Optima 2012
From some reason ... The AC Blowing not cold air for like a half hour so and then start cooking again .. And it keep repeating it self every other day
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant to write that it's cooling back
So basically the basic lol the av is on and off for no reason
When the ac works - it's cooling pretty well
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing you need to do is to check the AC system pressure when the compressor is running, normal pressure should be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. Once it stops cooling check and see if the compressor is running or shut off. Let me know and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the psi Is over 35
It is not the issue
What could possibly be the problem then ?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay if the pressure is with in specs , is the compressor running and if so it the suction lone (low side ) getting cold ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point - I'm giving up .Have to go to a mechanick
Don't seem like I'll be able to figure it this way .Have to go the old fashion way
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay that may be best if you are not able to do the testing, thank you just as well.