Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Optima SX: I have a 2011 optima and the interior lights

Customer Question

I have a 2011 optima and the interior lights do not work when I open the door or unlock the car. When I move the light switch from door to on they do come on manually
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
While running and monitoring the door ajar warning, does it respond correct for each door when opened and closed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes for all the doors and trunk
Remove the overhead console lamp so you can access the wiring. OHM test the yellow wire from the BCM, it should provide a ground to the lamp when the door is open and the switch is in the door position. If it does not then we need to check this wire at the BCM to see if the BCM or wire is to blame. Below is a diagram. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris