Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Kia Optima EX: 2008 optima, key won't turn. Tried all the fixes

Customer Question

2008 optima, key won't turn. Tried all the fixes for a tumbler being stuck. What troubles me is the click isn't happening when I depress the brake. How can I check the park indicator?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Unfortunately in most cases if the key will not turn and tapping on the cylinder and wiggling the steering wheel does not work then in most cases that usually means the cylinder is bad and the ignition switch body and the tumbler would need to be replaced. Before you consider doing this, start first with making sure the brake light are working once the brake pedal is applied.