Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Kia rio: ,mr Randall.i have a kia rio,20003. engine light

Customer Question

hi,mr Randall.i have a kia rio,20003. engine light is on and when I press the gas pedal the rpm going up and down.engine has no power.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Do you know what diagnostic codes your getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi .with all respect I did pay for answer not a question?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I have an idea of what the problem is but if you knew what the diagnostic codes were that may lead me in a different direction. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car has not move from months sorry I have no idea.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, it sounds like the catalytic converter has clogged based on the symptoms. To see if this is the problem you can completely remove front oxygen sensor and if that allows it to run better you know the converter is clogged. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, if you run into questions you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees so make sure to let me know. Thanks again and have a good night!