Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2oo8 kia sportage 2.7 litre ticking almost raddle noise coming

Customer Question

2oo8 kia sportage 2.7 litre ticking almost raddle noise coming from front of engine goes away if you reve the engine above 1800 rpm sound like it is coming from behind a cover that is over the timing chain
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
It is very possible for this to be a faulty chain tensioner. Is there any way you can check the oil pressure at idle speed so we can see if the pressure is to low and to blame for this concern? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris