Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Rio LX: My daughters 2013 Kia Rio I'm sure is having a

Customer Question

My daughters 2013 Kia Rio I'm sure is having a security "lock-out" as it intermittantly wont crank. It has gotten more chronic, recently. Does the ignition switch typically fail on these ?
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm assuming the ignition switch is the problem, but is there something else that may activate the security system to lock out the start cycle ? The Owners Manual suggested, for security lockout to turn off the ignition switch and wait 30 seconds, then try again. Then the car started. So, I assumed the security system was the culprit. I had my daughter use her other key in the event it was a failing security key and that made no difference.
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
When the engine won't crank, do you get any warning lights on dash, security light indicator flashing?
do you have a manual or auto transmission?