Mike, Technician
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

Kia Spectra EX: I have a 2006 kia spectra and it jerks hard

Customer Question

I have a 2006 kia spectra and it jerks hard then does not want to accelerate. What could be the problem?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.. I note that you say you have checked the trans fluids and thats good - Im assuming thats all good. A faulty trans in any respect can of course cause jerking etc - so bear that in mind - but usually the causes of this is engine / ignition / fuelling issues / problems... so that all needs inspecting.You need to start with the basics - the ignition such as spark plugs - check their condition - and check the wiring to the sensors etc - check the pipes / vacuum and air for any splits / persihing etc. Any un metered air getting into the engine as you drive - as the engine moves , will cause this.If you rule out ign faults as above, check the filters - air and fuel.. replace if suspect at all. Then the fuel supply must be checked for accurate pressure..Your fault will be found working through as above. Im sorry I cannot say it will be this or that - any guven specific thing - there are no known faults to cause this specifically - so work through as above to get this cured. Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.