Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia SORENTO: ***** ***** A 2014 KIA SORENTO SXL AWD 6 CYL.SHOULD

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2014 KIA SORENTO SXL AWD 6 CYL.SHOULD THE ECOBOOST BE ON ALL THE TIME,OR IS IT JUST FOR HIGHWAY DRIVING.THE MANUAL REALLY DOSENT MAKE IT CLEAR.I AM GETTING TERRIBLE GAS MILAGE,AND THE DEALERSHIP IS GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND.IM GETTING 14-15 MPG. THANKS.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Your car does not have ecoboost. Do you mean the green ECO indicator in the instrument cluster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
That ECO indicator only comes on when you are driving the vehicle in an "ECONOMY" mode. When you are real light on the gas, when the vehicle is being driving the most efficient way, that indicator will come on. You will notice that, then when you step on the gas, the ECO indicator will go out. There also is a setting in the cluster so you can turn on the ECO indicator or turn it off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE ECO BUTTON IS LOCATED NEXT TO THE SHIFT LEVER.WHEN THE BUTTON IS PUSHED ON A ECO LIGHT WILL COME ON IN THE CLUSTER.THE ECO LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT UNLESS THE BUTTON IS PUSHED AGAIN TO TURN IT OFF.YOU ARE NOT ANSERING MY QUESTION.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
OK SORRY. I WILL OPT-OUT AND PUT YOUR QUESTION BACK ON THE LIST FOR ANOTHER EXPERT TO ANSWER. THANKS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM WAITING FOR RESPONSE FROM THIS OTHER EXPERT!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seeing that you could'nt answer my question,and another so called expert never got back to me i really don't think i should be charged!