Mike, Technician
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

Kia Amanti: Tail lights stay on when car is off and brake lights

Customer Question

Tail lights stay on when car is off and brake lights won't work at all
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get those funny looking wing nuts off
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait.
The little wing nuts you mention -if Im thinking about the same ones, they literally just twist off- but can be quite tight.
If you find the fault not to be the brake light switch, then the usual fault is a short in the wiring at one of the rear lamp clusters... check the wires - cables connections where they attach to the lamp unit - for corrosion / bad / bent connectors.
Too - it can also be caused by a wrong bulb having been fitted - causing a short..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.