fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

Kia Sorento LX: My sorento has a sound and I am trying to identify

Customer Question

My sorento has a sound and I am trying to identify what is happening
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Can you give me a description of the noise and when it occurs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Typically I am turning..right or left sound is in back left. Last time it happened the noise seemed more in the front and was somewhat softer and appeared to cough white smoke.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That may be a different noise though. The initial sound Concern was so loud felt and sounded like a dropping sound. Could be like a dropping from something like a poor alignment of something dropping down.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It sounds like you may have an issue with an exhaust hanger that is broken or more commonly a failing catalytic converter. When the converter fails internally then this will occur. Most exhaust shops can easily identify a failing converter. It may also be worn engine mounts allowing the engine to move while driving as that will cause this noise also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh oh yes engine mounts - that sounds very right. Would that we connected with the something near the u joint my brother - who previously owned the car - said there was a closed lubricated joint - that may or may not be able to be opened. So do you think it is possible it is two different issues because the sounds were quite different. Also it has a thump from one to second if I accelerate too fast.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kia had told him that they thought the acceleration issue might be that closed joint needed grease
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Needing
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that it is due to separate issues. It sounds like they were recommending a cv axle.