Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need a Kia or Hyundai line tech. Working on a 2010 Kia

Customer Question

I need a Kia or Hyundai line tech. Working on a 2010 Kia forte, 155k miles, runs great!! I have 2 codes P0011 Cam Position timing over advanced or system performance and P0340 Cam position sensor cicuit malfunction. I cleared the codes and unplugged the
cam sensor to see if it would throw that P0340 immediately and it wouldn't start. Plugged back in it starts fine. I'm worried about a chain problem but i am here to ask you. what do you think is wrong? Thanks Jack
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Check the engine oil, dirty or sludged oil can cause this. Backprobe and ground each of the oil control valves one at a time and verify that there is an RPM change when it is grounded. If there was no RPM change, remove the OCV and test it. Apply power and ground to it and verify that it moves. If there was an RPM change with the OCV energized, check the camshaft timing. Scope the CMP and CKP and verify both are in phase. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris