Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Kia optima: car will start but then will only go 10 mph on

Customer Question

car will start but then will only go 10 mph on the road then you shut it off and then back on it will run just fine but then do same thing the next day my ride is here for work hope to here back by time I get home from work
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to be able to help you determine the cause of the problem you are having we are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes being set. Most part stores beside those in California will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause and the steps to get this resolved.