Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Sadona: I have a 2005 kia sadona over charge the ac how do

Customer Question

I have a 2005 kia sadona over charge the ac how do I fix it
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, it takes 36 ounces of refrigerant.
Unless you have a commercial evacuation/recharge machine to evacuate the system and weigh the refrigerant, you will not be able to get the correct amount evacuated or installed unless you evacuate all the refrigerant and start from scratch.
Using the pressure gage on the hose that only gives the low pressure side reading, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know exactly how much refrigerant you put in.
Depress the valve stems on the low side and high side service ports to fully evacuate the system, and then install 36 ounces of refrigerant
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?