Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Amanti: 2008 Kia Amanti no crank start issue, checked fuses

Customer Question

2008 Kia Amanti no crank start issue, checked fuses and relays .replaced blower, starter fuse,replaced battery, new starter still no help. Immobilizer light checked, located engine control relay but have not tested yet.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Will it crank in neutral?Will it at least click when trying to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not try in neutral, would click then go dead.
Bypassed the ignition with direct trigger power , set key turned to start put wires together heard the solenoid kick in and gear mesh it might of turned a tiny amount 1st time than just clicked each time i tried from then on.
Tried adjusting the steering column, jogging in and out of park neither helped.
Since the start is engaging and barely turning the engine. This means you have insufficient power to the starter or the starter motor is bad, or there is an engine or belt concern preventing the engine from cranking. Will the engine turn 2 revolutions when done manually at the crank pulley? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris