Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia sorrento: ***** ***** a 2004 kia sorrento on trade in earlier.

Customer Question

Just bought a 2004 kia sorrento on trade in earlier. The check engine light is on which worries me. The ac doesn't work either and at around 70mph when I was on interstate steering wheel shook hard to me. Also seems hard to start compared to most vehicles. It doesn't want to start right up. Also my bf looked under hood little bit ago and saw that a abs sensor for drivers side front was not connected and just sitting near the battery.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It sounds like there are several issues here.First with the check engine light the fault codes need checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set,once this is done the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and correct the fault here.
As for the steering shaking this is most likely an issue with a tire balance needing done at a tire shop or a bent rim/wheel needing replaced.The abs sensor may be related to the check engine light and was most likely disconnected due to an issue with it.This will need tested further after the codes are checked to locate and repair the issue here.
The hard start is most likely related to the check engine light and may be a weak fuel pump or plugged up fuel filter.
Thanks Pete