Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Sorrento: ***** ***** a 2011 Kia Sorrento. A few years

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Kia Sorrento. A few years back I had a blackberry and all of my contacts would download correctly and my voice command option work great. Then I would say about 2-3 years ago I switched over to an Iphone and now the names do not show up when a call comes in. just the numbers. Also when I use voice command it does not work. For example a simple call to MOM grabs another name in my contacts. Then I can try another name and it does work. I recently had Kia put in a factory touchscreen with navigation and now have an I phone 6 but still having the same issue. I have brought this in several times to my local dealer and they just can't seem to figure this out. I even deletd my phone and added my wifes with my voice and when I did that ot does work and functions are fine. My phone is my work/personal phone and I am thinking could it be that I have such a large contact database that the bluetooth can't take it all?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This is usually a software issue with the vehicle needing updated programming done to correct this or with the phone itself not being fully compatible with the vehicles phone system.I would see if the dealer checked and performed any updated software needed and if this is o.k. speak with the phone carrier to see if any new software is available.In some cases some phones are just not fully compatible with some vehicles.I run into this allot of times.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had brought it already to the dealer twice and they tried updates and no luck.