Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Kia Rio: I have a 2009 Kia Rio approx 95,000, when driving

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Kia Rio approx 95,000, when driving speeds 50 to 70 mph I will get a jerk, and the check engine light will come on and turn off, this all happens in a split second, a check of the computer will not show anything, this happens off and on with or w/o the air on, Thanks, Keith
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Anytime the check engine light come on the computer will set and store a fault code and there should be a code and or codes setting in the system. Please scan the computer and double check to see if there are any codes setting. Unfortunately without the fault codes it's going to be very difficult to determine the cause.