Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Optima EX: I own a 2012 Kia Optima EX fully loaded. My

Customer Question

I own a 2012 Kia Optima EX fully loaded. My interior lights no longer turn on by the switch near the map lights. Whether it is set to on/off/or door the lights will not turn on by the switch alone. I have to manually click the individual lights to turn them on. I'm assuming the switch is bad and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix or replace it without going to the dealership.
Category: Kia
Expert:  mr. b. rector replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I apologize for the delay. I was looking at the schematics, you are most likely right that the switch is inoperable. You can remove the assembly from the headliner and use a volt / ohm meter to check the switch for integrity of its circuit. Through he dealer you have to buy the assembly, switch is not separate. You being able to turn the lights on manually confirms that all fuses are good for that circuit. Thanks for letting me help, Mr. B