Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Sorento EX: Trouble code P2138 also trouble code P2127

Customer Question

Trouble code P2138 also trouble code P2127 also P2106
Category: Kia
Expert:  mr. b. rector replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I apologize for the delay. All of the codes you mentioned concern the accelerator position sensor ( APS). The P2106 is a forced limited management fault code, this will set and limit power when the P2138 and P2127 are set. You will need to check the connection at the pedal assembly, the APS is located on the pedal assembly. If the connection is good use a volt / ohm meter at the connector for the 5 volt reference. I have only seen one time that a computer had to be replaced to correct this condition. The pedal assembly will be more than likely the cause of the issue. The 5 volt reference will usually be around 4.5 - 4.9 volts. Reply back to me if further assistance is needed, thanks for letting me help, Mr. B