Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Rio: The check engine light is on. The troubleshooting

Customer Question

The check engine light is on. The troubleshooting code PO741 & P1529 came up. What is the least expensive procedure to repair! The vehicle a 2004 Kia Rio....
Category: Kia
Expert:  mr. b. rector replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I apologize for the delay. This a torque convertor clutch circuit fault. This fault can be set by low pressure in the transmission, a faulty torque convertor clutch solenoid, and or the valve body. Line pressure should be checked first, the quality of the transmission fluid could be causing a blockage of pressure. Check the fluid condition, burnt or black oil condition. The fluid should have a red color. If the fluid has a burnt smell you may also have more than a clutch solenoid issue. The solenoid can be replaced, the parts are not very expensive and the degree of difficulty on a scale of around 7 of 10 to replace. You do not have to remove transmission to replace this solenoid. I have corrected this condition before by doing a transmission flush. The P1529 is a fault code that was communicated to the engine controller from the transmission controller, just concentrate on the P0741. Reply back to me if any further assistance is needed. Thanks for letting me help, Mr. B