Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Kia Optima EX: We just purchased a 2013 Optima Hybrid. To

Customer Question

We just purchased a 2013 Optima Hybrid. To bring it home was a***** The air conditioner slowed way down, it still produced cold air, just no force. It has done it once more since. We took to the Kia dealer but they said they could find nothing wrong. Any suggestions you would have would be appreciated
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The problem you are describing sound like you may have a issue with the evaporator core freezing which can affect the amount of airflow through the evaporator. I would start with having the systems pressure checked as well as making sure the compressor is cycling when it should to avoid the core freezing up. Normal operating pressure should be right at 30 to 35 PSI on the low side and 200 to 210 PSI on the high side.