Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

Kia Optima LX: my name is ***** *****'m an auto mechanic and

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** an auto mechanic and I'm working on a 2006 kia optima 2.7 with issue's misfiring on multiple cylinders I took out the three front coils to observe very noticeable cracks in the so normally that means the coil is jumping fire so naturally I replaced all the coils n immediately it stoped missing but after idling for about 20 minutes it started back again can u give me any insight on this problem
Category: Kia
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd suggest next checking the state of the small engine wiring earth connections these run out of the engine bay loom and are fixed to the engine with ring terminals these are the ECU Specific earth paths so must be clean and tightdo the same for the main engine earth connection too