Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Kia Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Kia Spectra: I have a 2002 Kia spectra and the timing belt

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Kia spectra and the timing belt broke. Is it or is it not a interference motor.....I keep getting diffrent awnsers
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...Unfortunately, yes, the 2002 Kia Spectra 1.8L DOHC Engine is in fact, and interferrence engine. Here is the list of Kia engines:Kia1.5L DOHC Interference1.6L DOHC Interference1.6L SOHC Non-Interference1.8L DOHC Interference <------- Your Engine2.0L DOHC Interference2.0L SOHC Non-Interference2.4L DOHC Interference2.5L DOHC Interference2.7L DOHC Interference3.5L DOHC InterferencePlease remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top right of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate.