Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Spectra: I put in a new stereo in my 2002 Kia Spectra and

Customer Question

I put in a new stereo in my 2002 Kia Spectra and it worked fine. Until a few weeks ago I started the car heard a sizzling sound and than a burning wire smell. The radio and interior lights no longer work. I pulled the off the drivers side door moplding where the overhead light wiring goes and looked down and saw exposed wiring in the harness that connects to the dash harness and goes directly into the engine compartment. Should I replace the entire harness that connects to the fuse box?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would repair any wiring found bare or damaged and trace the wiring to any electrical components to see what component has caused the short.It is possible the radio itself has caused this short here and needs replaced or repaired but there are also other electrical components in the vehicle that can cause this so tracing the wiring to the components it leads to is best to pinpoint which is the cause here.
Thanks Pete