internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Import car specialist for over 10 years.
63512786

Kia Spectra5: I have a noise, that sounds metallic coming from

Customer Question

I have a noise, that sounds metallic coming from front wheels, it sounds as if brakes were rubbing in to rotor, but the brakes were changed and the noise is still there. It makes the same noise going straight or making turns. the noise gets louder with more speed.thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brandon. What kind of Brake pad did you put in? Did you installed the brake? Sounds like there is a foreign object stuck on the brake caliper.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend removing the wheel and make sure nothing was bent or stuck in the caliper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing at all. All brakes went in as usual no problems
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
So the tech visually look at the rotor and there is no interference?Did you stall an aftermarket brake pad or factory OE pads?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used factory very pads and the noise was there before I change the brakes that's why change the brakes
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
If that is the case. The wheel bearing could be bad. When a wheel bearing is bad it will create a grinding metal noise constantly. Please ask your mechanic to check that out on the lift.