EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

My 2006 kia optima (vin 4) died last weekend. I drove to work

Customer Question

My 2006 kia optima (vin 4) died last weekend. I drove to work and parked. at the end of my shift i tried to start it and it turned over for a bit then died. Now cranks but does not turn over. there was no check engine codes either. I replaced the fuel pump because the fuel line had no pressure in it plus the car has over 200,000 miles so i figure it was about time it to go.That did not work so i replaced the crankshaft position sensor, and again no result (it cranks but no turn over.) I sprayed starter fuel in the intake and it turns over then dies..so it is getting spark. From here I'm lost any idea what could it be?
Richard in Cali
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
After you did the fuel pump, is there now fuel up to the engine?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Please respond with any further questions or comments. Thanks and please rate my service.