Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Amanti: I have a 2008 Kia Amanti. in the last few

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2008 Kia Amanti. in the last few days we have been having trouble with getting the trunk to open with the keyless entry and can't get the trunk release to work on the driver door panel. Last night the center of the instrument panel does not work when either front door is open just goes blank. But when you close the doors it starts functioning again. Now the trunk release is ok but when you lock the doors with the key fob it locks them but does not flash the lights or give the lock beep. Has to be a short or something somewhere.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
These are symptoms of a concern with the BCM body control module. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool so we can do some testing and monitoring? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris