Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Spectra: need to know where the disengage switch inside

Customer Question

need to know where the disengage switch inside the car that keeps the trunk button from working is. I disabled it 9 years ago and my daughter has locked the keys in the trunk while on vacation.....HELP
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The only switch i can see for this here is the trunk lock switch which is located inside the trunk at the tail gate trim panel.The trim paneling in the trunk needs removed.Most likely this switch was unplugged to disable this feature and will need plugged back in.
The only other option is a AAA service or lock smith or see if you can get a key cut by a dealer to gain access to the trunk.
Thanks Pete