Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Soul: 2011 Kia Soul. 130K miles. About 6 months ago it

Customer Question

2011 Kia Soul. 130K miles. About 6 months ago it developed a rattling sound which seems to be coming from right rear. By all attributes, I assumed it was a bad shock, but replacing the shock made no difference. All exhaust components appear to be securely mounted, nothing else obvious loose or missing. No adverse effect on handling et cetera that I can detect. Even checked for loose items in spare tire well and molded storage compartment--nothing loose. Rear wheel lug nuts torqued properly.
Not speed related but definitely 'bump' related, which is why I assumed a bad shock.
What am I missing?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I'm still looking for some Kia expertise. This won't go away on its own...do you need the details again?Thanks,***** *****
Can you make this occur driving slow over speed bumps so maybe someone on the outside can better pinpoint it?Can you duplicate this bouncing up and down on the vehicle like in the cargo area?Normally a rattle is a exhaust heat shield or internal baffle or a door latch and striker needing adjustment to pull it in tighter and secure. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris