Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Sorrento LX: My son just had new tires and brakes installed

Customer Question

My son just had new tires and brakes installed on his 2004 kia sorrento lx. Immediately after starting car and driving around the parking lot of the tire place, his check engine light came on. The tire place of course denies having anything to do with this but the light had never come on before. The car has 109k miles on it. The tire place said it could need a transmission flush or it could need a new torque converter. Does this sound right to you?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
Did they scan the Kia for the OBD trouble code?
If yes, what was the code number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They scanned it but did not tell me the code number, just said it was transmission related
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, I can only get the information that you need from the code. Get the codes scanned again and let me know the numbers please.