sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Kia Sorento LX: I have had an issue with my Bluetooth phone

Customer Question

I have had an issue with my Bluetooth phone connection in my 2014 Kia where I can make a call from the navigation display and it will go through but no sound will come from the audio system. I have deleted the phone and paired it multiple times. We know it is not an issue with the Iphone6 I use because it pairs with my husbands truck with no issues and it was working in my Kia up until about 2 months ago. Any ideas?
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could either be with the hands free module in the radio which is what communicates with the phone, or it could just be software. Just as software is continually developed for phones, radio software does the same and needs to be updated periodically. If the phone was working fine and then stopped I would first suspect that a software update on the phone has caused an issue with the software in the radio. What I would recommend is seeing your dealer and have them update the radio software and that will likely take care of the issue.