Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Kia Sedona LX: I am trying to replace the bank 2 sensor 1 O2

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensor on a 2003 Kia Sedona. I cannot get the o2 sensor socket through the hole in the heat shield. And can't figure out how to remove the shield. HELP!
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
The heat protector is held on with 3 small bolts. Here is a diagram of it.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wk73m9yprhugtd/heat%20sheold.gif?dl=0
.
….
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the bolts off, but can't seem to get the heat shield out. Is there anything else I need to remove?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
No they just sometimes have to be manipulated around so they come off. If the 02 sensor wire gets in the way and you plan to replace the sensor you can cut the wires at the sensor to make it easier, (I normally do), thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to get the oil dipstick holder out of the way to remove the heat sheild. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
.
*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********
.
.