Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Rio: my 2004 kia rio needs to be smoged. the obd code p0101,

Customer Question

my 2004 kia rio needs to be smoged. the obd code p0101, mas air flow circuit range/ performance continues to come up. I have changed the mass air flow sensor, air intake hose and the air cleaner. I cleared the code, drove over 100 miles. took it to get smog and when the hooked up the scanner, the code still came up even though the check engine light was off. What should I do next?
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also at times it will lose power and have nothing behind it and sound like it is bogging. I will have to stop and rev the engine a few times and it will return to normal
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hi Open the file below, are you able to perform these tests so we can check the sensor wiring and to see if the sensor is not getting the required voltage from the computer. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/04rioMAF.pdf You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realized that when is loses power and boggs forna second. It is after my car has been sitting for a few hours. when I start to drive after a few hours of sitting it will lose power and start to bog a little. I will have to pull over and rev the engine a little bit and it will return to normal
Thanks for the update, let me know the results of the required tests when you can.