Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Sedona EX: K I have a 2003 Kia Sedona When the headlights

Customer Question

Hi K
I have a 2003 Kia Sedona
When the headlights are on, either auto or manual, the signals don't work.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other information do you need?
Kia Sedona 2003
Right passenger turn signal stays on - you can see the signal light on the dash - when headlights are on, either manual or auto setting and the left doesn't work as well. Interior clock light also blinks when the headlights are off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I use the right turn signal, the interior clock blinks with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We replaced bulbs, then the combination switch assembly. Didn't change anything.
Hi
Has there been any recent repair work or a collision, specifically wiring work? Are you able to do electrical wire testing. The current symptoms are pointing to a faulty flasher unit.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,
No collision and no wiring work. Just what I mentioned previously. I think my mechanic can do electrical testing. I'll have to wait until Monday to talk to him about it. From what my Kia has been doing, this sounds like the best way to get to the root of the problem.
Being that your not doing the work yourself, I assume its best for you to talk to your mechanic and see what it is he needs from me, like wire diagrams for example.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'll write you back if he needs anything like that. Thanks!
Super