Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kia Sorento: ***** ***** remove glove box on 2005 sorento?

Customer Question

how to remove glove box on 2005 sorento?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Lower the glove box and remove the 4 screws shown in the diagram attached, then pull out the glove box and glove box housing as a unit
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I KNEW BOUT BOLTS TO TAKE OUT,PROBLEM IS THERE'S NO WAY TO GET TO THE BOTTOM BOLTS WITH THE DOOR IN PLACE AS NO WAY TO GET SOCKET OR WRENCH IN THERE. I CAN BREAK THE STOP TABS OFF & IT WILL FALL DOWN BUT DON'T WANT'A DO THAT. WHAT'S MY NEXT STEP??? bill
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
the top sides of the glove box door should push in to clear the stops and allow it to drop down to allow access to the bolts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE ALREADY BROKEN RIGHT TAB OFF TRYIN TO CLEAR, GUESS I'LLHAVE TO BREAK LEFT NOW. HELLOFAWAY TO DESIGN A CAR!!! bill