Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 KIA SPORTAGE; problems include radio turns off when I apply the

Customer Question

2002 KIA SPORTAGE; problems include radio turns off when I apply the brakes, the "hot & cold" dial is normal when idle but goes up & sometimes past "H" when brakes & emergency brake are applied, it goes down while driving then will flux when light go ON, however the car doesn't overheat, smoke, shut down, etc. the "check engine" lite comes on every once in awhile but goes off. interior dome lite has 3 buttons; the 1st 2 don't work & the dash lites get dim when blinker go on, braking, etc. And the cruise control doesn't work!
miles: 127011 purchased less than a yr. ago from local dealer. Don't know if any recalls have been taken care of. Paid: $6,000.00 Also, had to replace the battery.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
We are only allowed to address once concern per question, let me know which you would like addressed. Many of your issues are related to wire issues.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris