Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Sephia LS: my 2001 kia sephia runs great on the way

Customer Question

my 2001 kia sephia runs great on the hi way but over heat in town why?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the cooling fan actually coming on? I see you replaced itLet me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live 20 minutes form my work when I drive to work I have no probblems but if I need to drive in town where there are a lot of stop and go's then I over heat if I turn on the heater or got out on a hy way so I don't have to stop then it cools down
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, first thing I would do then is try to clean out the cooling fins on the radiator. This acts like it's not getting good air flow through the radiator. This can cause overheating at low speeds but allow enough to be forced through when you are cruising.It is also possible there is a water pump issue, and it's not pushing enough coolant through the system at the lower speeds, but usually it's the radiator.Try taking a garden hose and cleaning out the cooling fins and see if there is any improvement.Please let me know what more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.