Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner, Line Mechanic, Electronics
1609972

Kia Sorento: ***** ***** lost am reception, am is fine though. dealer

Customer Question

Stock radio lost am reception, am is fine though.
dealer unable properly diagnose, took to car tools, had 3rd party radio installed, still no am reception, or extreme.
Tech at car toys said the antenna and/or mount has gone bad.
Dealership indicated that Kia had issue with 2010/2011 radios doing this, would exchange but out of warranty
Please help
2011 Kia sorento
Category: Kia
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.This is the Antenna & / or Antenna Lead, not the RadioIt is quite simple to test the Lead & Antenna & I am surprised the Dealer could not get it sortedIf you need testing procedure I can provide procedures...IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.