Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Kia Optima EX: I have a 2010 kia optima and the reverse lights

Customer Question

I have a 2010 kia optima and the reverse lights are lame to sat the very least with the lens surface area about 3"x 1" .
I am in the process of changing over the oem bulbs to the new LED bulbs and I see on Amazon website that they have some very bright ones that suits my needs.
However on looking on my car the reverse lights system are part of the trunk that lifts up and there is a covering mat & screws over that assembly and I have to remove the entire matting area to get at the tail lights system.
Any suggestions for me?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin here is a link to a video that shows how to remove this cover it's not quite the sMe model but has the same cover
http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2008_Kia_Optima_EX_2.4L_4_Cyl./lights/reverse_light
This should help please rate and come back if you have any further questions