Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Serento: ***** ***** a 2004 serento, but the dash board

Customer Question

I purchased a 2004 serento, but the dash board lights don't work. It's a black hole at night. The dimmer switch works for dome lights so I don't think its that switch and the dash fuse (interior fuse box) is fine. Wondering what else could it be?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Open the file below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/04sorrentoB12.png
Everything in the circle is on the same illumination circuit. if the cluster is the only thing effected then remove the cluster and check for lights on power on the yellow wire. If its good then the cluster is bad or the bulbs are blown.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris