Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2008 kia spectra horn stop working suddenly horn will sound

Customer Question

2008 kia spectra horn stop working suddenly horn will sound when setting alarm but not when pushing steering wheel button although horn relay does actuate
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
several months ago our high beams quit working abruptly when switched to high the headlamps shut off fuses are all good we take care of car it just turned over 50000 miles my wife works at local church and i am retired
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Start with checking to see if you have power at the horn relay on pins 85 and 30 and if so see if the horn will sound when you ground pin 86, if the horn then sound that means the horn bad is not grounding and that usually means the clock spring and or the horn switch has failed. See the wiring diagram for reference in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Horn%20May%2026.pdf