sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Kia: key will not go in switch only a 1in steering wheel

Customer Question

key will not go in switch only a 1in steering wheel will not lock an door
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what to do do i have to get a new switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me at(###) ###-#### ***** you
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like the problem is most likely with the key itself. If you're only able to get the key to go into a lock cylinder partially then the problem has to either be the lock cylinder or the key. If you were only unable to get the key to go into the ignition lock cylinder then it would be the cause, but it looks like you're also unable to get it to go into the door lock cylinder. IF you're unable to get the key to go into multiple lock cylinders then there has to be an issue with the key. If the key is physically damaged then a new replacement would need to be cut by a dealer or locksmith using the VIN.