Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

Kia Sedona LX: My wife's 06 kia sodona lx just had the check

Customer Question

My wife's 06 kia sodona lx just had the check engine light and battery light came on and the engine would not rev up. after letting the van sit for about 20 min the van started and would rev up. I let it run for about 3 or 4 min and turned it off. When I tryed to restart it cranked slowly but started and would rev up. I'm on vacation and do not have my tools with me. Can a bad alternator or battery cause this? Any help would be helpful
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,A bad alternator could cause this type of concern. If the vehicle is using only battery power to run, then as the battery drains the electrical systems will begin to fail on it.Most parts stores can test both the battery and the alternator right on the vehicle and will do so at no cost if you can get it to one. It does sound like the issue and eventually it will run the battery out of power and leave you stranded.Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.