K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Kia Amanti: My 2005 Kia Amanti shows a door open alert and

Customer Question

My 2005 Kia Amanti shows a door open alert and I have opened and closed all doors Trunk/hood and gas locations and the light won't go out. It leaves the 2 lights by the Gas/Break and passenger feet location on. I have shut off the Interior light but still have those smaller lights on.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Battery is draining.
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.It's most likely a door switch issue. They need to be checked. These are known to short out and cause this issue.Start with the driver's side.You can check each individual switch and see if you ground it out if the light on the dash goes out that's the bad switch .This would be the best way to test these switches.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what you mean to Ground out the switches? I opened and closed the 2 Switches in front watching the open door indicator and nothing changed. I also opened and closed each door and manually locked and unlocked the front and back doors. There is no switch in the rear seats/ Help.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 years ago.
Hello, there's a door switch located in each door jamb below the latch. You'll need to remove the retaining bolt and pull the switch out. You can then test the switch with an ohm meter by placing one probe of the meter on each terminal. With the button not pressed there should be continuity, when you press the button in there should be no continuity. I'll post a link below to the test procedure. Copy and paste the link in your web browser to view. If you have any questions just reply back. If not,please take a moment to rate my service. Thanks!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103900598/door%20switch%20test.pdf