Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Optima EX: driving car and just slowly stoped running think

Customer Question

driving car and just slowly stoped running think theirs no fuel going into engine
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Do you know what the compression is at in the cylinders?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
That would be one of the first things to check, (possibly timing belt) if it will not start with fuel in the intake. Also, spark to the spark plugs if you can, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the little hose off that went into engine steped on gas pedle and no gas wss coming out
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks. Did you take the fuel inlet hose off and check that? Was the engine cranking and no fuel pressure?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine was cranking the little hose I took smelt like gas that the hose I took off and no gas was coming out when steped on peddle
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
That might have just been a vacuum hose to the pressure regulator. To check the fuel pressure you have to unbolt the fuel inlet pipe and "TEE" a pressure gauge into it.
.
Try a shot of ether in the intake. That will tell us if there is spark and compression, (if it runs for a few seconds).
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know where any of the things your talking about are
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Oh...It may be hard to diagnose it then. . I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you still need assistance with this?